CHARLESTON—Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone has approved summer assignments for three transitional deacons.
As of June 1 they will take up posts at the following churches, where they also will become parochial vicars upon their priestly ordination on July 1:
- Deacon William S. Hearne, St. Michael Church in Garden City;
- Deacon David D. Nerbun, St. Gregory the Great Church in Bluffton;
- Deacon S. Matthew Gray, St. Joseph Church in Columbia.
Deacon Mark S. Good, who was ordained to the transitional diaconate on May 20, will begin his summer assignment at St. Theresa the Little Flower Church in Summerville on June 1. In the fall, he will return to Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, Md., for his final year of studies.
Also, several seminarians will begin their summer assignments at churches on June 1:
- Renaurd West, St. Joseph in Columbia;
- Javier Heredia, St. Mary Magdalene in Simpsonville;
- Roger Morgan, St. Mary, Our Lady of Ransom in Georgetown.
Other diocesan seminarians will work in summer camps or secular jobs in the diocese, according to Father Jeffrey Kirby, Vicar of Vocations.